Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Whole Meal!

So I got a couple zucchinis the other day that weren't worm infested. By this time we had a stockpile in the freezer, so I decided to make a meal out of things from the garden.
I did cheat and use one onion from the store.
Here are the green beans frying. Notice the bacon? They're southern style...
And here is my second attempt at fried okra. Shelley said they were like eating candy.

Here's the other two sides with some baked chicken fingers. When Shelley lets me cook, I have to make it count. Usually the kitchen is such a mess that it is easier for her to cook and clean up after herself than just do the cleaning after I'm done. At least it tasted good!

6 comments:

  1. I agree with Regina...yummy! The okra looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be willing to serve okra to anyone who comes to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a promise?? we'll be up that way soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are SO looking forward to having you as neighbors! We'll set some aside with your names on it!

    ReplyDelete