Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Garden Update



About a week ago we ate our first zucchini from the garden and it was delicious! Then all of them seemed to stop growing. After a rather violent storm, several were knocked off the vine and that is when I noticed that all of them were infested with worms. I removed about 12, sprayed all of my plants and am now waiting.

Here are some of the new, wormless zukes growing. I have three different varieties growing, hence the difference in color between the top picture and this one:



Other things are growing as well. Here is my first pumpkin:
And my first green beans. These are very close to being ready to harvest.

And finally my first tomato. Only one plant has started flowering. For some reason it is a week ahead of the other three plants. Now if I can just keep the bugs away...


Update from this morning. Pics of an okra flower and first watermelon growing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your garden is going so well!! My tomatoes are looking very sad these days because they need to be split up and moved into different pots, plus they have little whiteflies on them. :P

    Enjoy those green beans and zucchini!

    ReplyDelete