Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why Wouldn't You Want To Go To The States?

I get lots of people who talk to me about going to the States. Sometimes they think I can get them there easier, or get them a job once they do get there, or something that would benefit them. Other times they just want information. That's why I was pleasantly surprised the other day when one man told me he could never spend even 6 months in the States.

His reason was that he could never go without eating his food! He said that every meal he wanted some tortillas, beans and limes. Apparently he would go crazy if all he had to eat was white bread, hamburgers, pizza, or any of that other stuff Gringos eat all the time.

Oh yeah, and he wouldn't want to leave his family for very long.

But more than that, he would really really miss his good home cookin'!

Isn't it nice to know we're not the only ones who have troubles adapting?

No comments:

Post a Comment