Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pinchazo Pt. 2

I had another tire problem not too long ago. While driving around 70 mph, I lost a band on my left front tire. Upon inspection I saw that the metal tire guard had been bent by a mechanic and caught the tire. Thankfully, this happened within 100 yards of a Pinchazo.
The man was working with his two sons and there happened to be two other men there that I knew. I was happy to see that the two boys were working right alongside of their father. The older one was in charge of the jack.

He did not have any tires the same size as what I needed (and my spare was already one of my tires.) He sold me a used tire to use that was much smaller, but fit the rim. It didn't seal right (as the only used tires he gets are ones he takes off of other people's vehicles or buys from people who don't want them any more), so he got some plastic wrap and made a seal. Here is his younger son wrapping it up.
It became a job that everybody pitched in for to get it to seal right and inflate. The tire lasted me long enough to drive home (15 minutes) and back to the city (45 minutes) to buy real tires. Total cost: Q250. Cost of two brand new GoodYear A/T tires in the city: Q3000.






No comments:

Post a Comment